[Neuro-IT] Neuro-IT.net general announcement

Marc de Kamps kamps at in.tum.de
Tue Feb 4 10:47:08 CET 2003

Dear Neuro-IT.net member,

-General announcement
As you know Neuro-IT.net has started officialy with the workshop 'Facets of
Neuro-IT', which was held in Leuven, December 3th -December 5th last year.
This year there will be many more activities.  This mail is to inform you on
some of these, and also on how you can obtain information on Neuro-IT.net

-An important request !
We have put a preliminary membership list on our website. We had to compile
this list from various sources and it is very likely  that errors were made.
If you feel that you or your institute is not correctly represented, please
send us corrections immediately, because this is the very information we
have on you ...
Also please send us URLs for your institute and the (EU) projects in which
you participate. We will put them on the page. We would also appreciate it,
if your institute's website links to http://www.neuro-it.net.

-Website and Service Centre
The Service Centre is run by Marc de Kamps ( kamps at in.tum.de ). It is
available for general questions concerning Neuro-IT.net and will help with
overall coordination of Neuro-IT.net activities. The Service Centre is also
responsible for the website: http://www.neuro-it.net. At present you already
can find the membership list and the slides of the Leuven workshop. More
information will be available soon. New information on Neuro-IT.net's
activities will be put on the website as it becomes available.  We will also
maintain a newsticker, where news of interest to the community will be
announced. Your active participation is more than welcome. If  you have
produced interesting results and want the world to know about them, send
them to us. If you have heard about somebody else's interesting results,
likewise. Job announcements, announcement for workshops and conferences are
also much appreciated.

-Mailing list
You will soon receive notification that you are on Neuro-IT.net's mailing
list. If you don't want to be on this mailing list, please notify me. We
have added you to this mailing list in the genuine belief that you are
interested in interaction between the members of Neuro-IT.net. We will use
the mailing list to keep you informed on Neuro-IT.net's activities. It is
also possible to post messages to the mailing list and  these postings will
be received by all other members who are on the mailing list. You can post
to the mailing list by sending a mail to: general at neuro-it.net. This posting
will then be received, in principle,  by every member on the mailing list.

You  will soon receive a mail which contains your personal pasword. With
this password you can access your own personal preferences at the following
At this URL, you can unsubscribe at any time you want.  In general, there
should be no need to unsubscribe. If you don't want to receive mail from the
mailing list, you can set this optionin your personal preferences.
This is a sensible thing to do if you go on holidays.

If traffic becomes very high, or if there is interest in very specialized
topics, which may not be of general interest, the creation of specialized
lists can be considered.  We will maintain a mild form of moderation to keep
spam under control. This implies that your postings will appear with some

I hope that the mailing list will inspire a lively interaction between
members. For questions, advice and comments I am available.

Best Regards,

	Marc de Kamps

Marc de Kamps - Neuro-IT.net
e-mail: kamps at in.tum.de